Monday, February 6, 2012

Week5 Race horses not unicorns

The business I am going into in fashion and portraiture photography. The work that I enjoy doing is more of an edgy vibe and I like the pinup/tattoo. I also like the artsy type of a vibe so those are the type of people that are going to be my target market. The thing that I like about living in Vegas is there is a big audience for that. I think that I could do well in that field here in Las Vegas. There are a lot of people who like things like that more in the downtown area. In my business I will be working alone and sometimes I will be using my friends to help me if it is a big job. I am also going to retouch my own photos and having printing packages if that’s what the client wants. I do not really enjoy doing wedding and sports so I will be trying to stay away from that type of work. I will be mostly working just myself and I will be doing almost everything myself. I don’t mind working for long hours because it is just myself. The printing packages I will be offering to my clients will be extremely nice, because you can do multiple different things. You can print on canvas. You can get metal prints mounted. Or you can get you prints on aluminum. The standard prints will be pretty inexpensive. I will cater more to the offbeat individuals who are under 40. I think that most photographers want to do clean, beautiful, crisp, cookie cutter work. Since I don’t do that I think that I have an upper hand in the field because I am taking on the clients that are also artists and who have been forgotten about by the average photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment